Goal #4: Establish clear and decisive strategy to address issues related to school safety, security, and climate for all schools.
“Safe, secure, and nurturing schools for learning”
- Continue to cultivate positive and safe school climate in every campus where students and adults enjoy teaching and learning.
- Continue to work with community relations to ensure the entire school community understands and supports Fraser’s school safety plans.
- Continue to review and analyze existing school climate and safety survey data to identify best practices and areas for growth (highlight successful practices that build student motivation and self-monitoring practices for learning)
- Continue to review and analyze all school security plans (Fraser Central Office has an action plan currently in progress) including:
- District School Safety handbooks
- Building and security documents
- Reviews of all building security plans
- Staff training plans for school safety
- Review existing student attendance, tardiness, suspension, expulsion and truancy data, policies, regulations and practices
- Review student code of conduct and the implementation of Restorative Practices throughout the district
- Continue to review and assess current partnerships with city and community entities to maximize a coherent approach to school safety
- Meet with key community leaders, including those from local service organizations, businesses, and faith-based organizations. Arrange meetings within the first 60 days
- Evaluate and assess district supports for student services in the area of mental health and counseling support
- Continue to establish a district process (with resources and training) to improve the evaluation of student threat assessments