Goal #2: Ensure all students reach high levels of academic achievement with a focus on Competency Based Education. Increase student learning through improved leadership, instruction, intervention supports and a culture of continuous improvement.
“Getting the work done”
- Analyze the status of the Fraser’s Competency Based Education work.
- Analyze patterns in student achievement data and the gaps in achievement between and among sub-groups of students to determine the appropriate course of action for improving instruction and learning.
- Support the current work to develop strategies for improvement in the district's instructional practices.
- Work with all Fraser stakeholders to evaluate the performance of district schools and assess performance indicators of current initiatives – specifically focusing on Competency Based Education:
- Evaluate Fraser’s digital ecosystems (Learning Management Systems and Student Information System)
- Evaluate Fraser’s Competency Based Practices (Key Factors: student ownership of learning – increasing engagement and motivation, the continuum of learning K-12, and opportunities for educator reflections/evaluations of process)
- Review and plan for district provided professional development for 2018-19:
- Implementation of the 2018 Competency-Based Education Pilot Grant
- Continued implementation of the work with the Michigan Department of Education - Innovation Council (i.e. Seat Time Waiver)
- Review and monitor the implementation of the district family engagement plan –specifically focusing on the 3rd Grade Reading Law and parent involvement (Ensure plan includes training and development for parents to understand student performance data and information to support parents as informed advocates for their children.)
- Review student data for all student populations and leverage Fraser’s current Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports to provide data for improving academic achievement
- Review and monitor Fraser’s instructional technology plan for the fall of 2018
- Evaluate Fraser’s learning environments within the classroom, hybrid, and online learning spaces (Key Factors: 2018 Bond Monies focusing on technology and classroom redesign)
- Evaluate the impact of technology on time, place, and pace of learning
- Review and begin to develop a process for Fraser Public School’s next strategic plan