Goal #1: Continue to ensure effective district governance through positive and productive Board - Superintendent Relationships.
“Shared understanding of our why”
- Establish the Board and Superintendent as a cohesive governance team with a singular agenda on improving the achievement of all students.
- Build positive, productive, respectful and trusting working relationships with Board members as individuals.
- Share entry plan for feedback, suggestions, and guidance
- Engage in one-on-one meetings with Board to deepen relationships, understand their aspirations for the district, strengthen dialogue and to strengthen our shared vision for the school district
- Establish a regular meeting time with the Board President and Vice President
- Engage in first retreat/professional learning on Policy Governance
- Partner with the Board President and Vice President to plan the first Board Retreat to gain clarity on communication protocols, roles and responsibilities, norms of behaviors and interactions, expectations for the first year, agenda setting, future retreat dates, and calendar professional learning opportunities for the Board Superintendent Team
- Develop and utilize appropriate communication protocols and expectations between the Board and the Superintendent
- Establish a structure and/or expectations for responding to stakeholder concerns, comments, and feedback
- Outline, plan, and develop resources for creating the next Fraser Public Schools - District Strategic Plan
- Calendar Board/Superintendent Fraser school visits